Dainahara’s weekend pics
Founder of Explore Utrecht and an explorer at heart, she loves discovering new places, having dinner with friends and wandering the streets of Utrecht in search of a unique find. Weekend tips are her specialty and she shares her not to be missed tips right here on Editors Choice.
- Want to get to know the city better? Then take a free walking tour on a Wednesday, July 26th. The guide will wait for you on Domplein, beside Dom church, and will enthusiastically tell you about a few highlights from Utrecht’s history. More information via Utrecht Free Tours.
- On beautiful summer days, it’s nice to be active in the evening too. Grab your skates from the closet and roll along with the Utrecht Skate Parade. Take note, though: you need to be able to keep up a good tempo and handle lots of kilometers. You can then end the evening with a beer on a terrace. Get more info here!
- Enjoy a vegan tapas dinner with delicious local beer on the grounds of Molen de Ster. Choose a table on the water with a view, and it’s a nice place to be. You’ll find the menu on Facebook. Interested? Reserve via Margherita@puscii.nl. (July 30th)
- De Parade is back in town! We love it! This year they’ve got a second location at Utrecht Centraal station. So you can sneak another show in on your way home. The show “Springtime” can only be seen at the second location.
- De Bio Markt is happening in de Metaal Kathedraal again on August, 6th. You can wander, taste, and buy delicious organic product. Sounds like a great addition to a Sunday afternoon, right? And while you’re there, enjoy a cup of coffee or an organic lunch at Stadsherberg Boelens. Check info hier!
- The Hortus festival (on until 26 August) offers music lovers the chance to enjoy classical concerts in the old botanical gardens – such a beautiful and peaceful spot, right in the heart of the city. There are six concerts in total, so there’s likely to be something that piques your interest. Count me in! hortusfestival.nl
- If you’ve walked by Moreelsepark recently, then you’ll already know that De Parade is back (until 6 August)! Head on over for a drink, some food, and some live performances – they’re usually pretty short, so you can enjoy a few different styles without too much of a commitment. deparade.nl
- If it’s a sunny day, how about renting a kayak or paddleboat and cruising the canals? It’s a fun and active way to enjoy our fine city! You can find boat rentals all along the canal, but here’s (kanoverhuurutrecht.nl) a place right in the city center to get you started.
- After you’ve done all that exercise (see point 3), you obviously deserve a treat. I love heading to Lefebvre for some bubbly, and maybe a few oysters or a cheese board too 😉 Of course, it can be difficult to get a seat outside on a nice night, so if you see one run, don’t walk! wijncafelefebvre.nl
Coffee? Check out these spots for a chill coffee session:
Just feel like chilling? Check our ‘Food & Drinks‘ category for some nice suggestions in Utrecht such as Zies. My personal favoriet wine bar is, Talud9‘. Or Have cocktails and bites at LE:EN. For a quick bite you can stop by the Frietwinkel, or maybe sit down for a pizza at Bastacosi.
Lifestyle & Shopping
For some shopping go to one of our faves below or better yet check the list of cool gifts shops and ladies fashion stores and more below.
5x great store to score an outfit
5x sustainable shopping in Utrecht
12x Gift shops you don’t want to miss
The best interiorshops in Utrecht
A night on the town, music or theatre
Planning an evening out at the theatre, a comedy show, live performance or wanting to get down on the dance floor? Check the calenders of the following small theatres or stages for a night out: