It’s hard enough to have to eat gluten-free because of your diet. Therefore, I’ve compiled a list of my top 5 cosy spots for a delicious gluten-free lunch.*
1. Lucas has lunch dishes that can all be ordered as gluten-free for 50 cents extra. How nice! Try the sandwich with the herbed pumpkin, pomegranate seeds and pecans!
2. Poké Perfect has a handy menu that indicates all allergens. So this is also a nice option for vegans. A delicious and healthy poke bowl that also looks beautiful. I have to admit that I don’t have a favourite because they’re all so tasty!
3. At Ted’s you can lunch all day, how nice is that! They have gluten-free bread (I found it a bit disappointing, but tastes do differ), a naked veggie burger, and lots of salads that can also be made gluten-free. At Ted’s you can also order a glass of wine with your late lunch.
4. ‘t Koffieboontje has delicious gluten-free sandwiches and if you’re still craving something sweet, they have banana bread and delicious baked goods from Sharp. Especially the location by the windmill is gorgeous and a great place to sit.
5. Le Jardin transforms your plate into a flowery creation. They use the art of delicious food and drink with vegetables as their starting point. Seasonal vegetables and herbs; they call it ‘veg-o-nomy’. Their location is nice and central and beautifully green thanks to the plants in the room.
*Note that gluten-free often means “low in gluten”; cross-contamination is sometimes unavoidable.
SNCKBR will only open in March 2018, but I can’t wait! This is a wholly vegan restaurant where eating gluten-free is sure to be no problem! Of course, I’m also a fan of the well-known places such as SLA (now also in Hoog Catharijne), Bagels & Beans, and Gys! Also check out our list of 10 spots for gluten-free beer.