WHO WE ARE
Explore Utrecht is a lifestyle city guide by locals, for everyone that is interested in Utrecht.
Whether you’re a local looking to check out the hottest new restaurants coming to town, or a traveler trying to make the most of your time here, we’ve got you covered.
To highlight the great lifestyle this city has to offer, all while promoting local businesses.
Our founder Dainahara Polina started Explore Utrecht because friends and family kept flocking to her with questions about her beloved city. Dainahra, a self proclaimed fashionista and stylist, soon found herself dishing out the best spots to shop, eat, and explore around town and decided to consolidate it here on Explore Utrecht.
The site has grown considerably, giving her the chance to highlight fellow city experts and businesses across Utrecht.
OUR CITY EXPERTS
Our recommendations are hand picked by our team of city experts to show you the best of what Utrecht has to offer. Throughout the site you’ll find personal reviews by city experts on everything from shopping, fashion, beauty, food, lifestyle, and events. If it’s happening, we’re on it! We write about the fun activities, beautiful places, new and known hotspots in the city. All blogs are (voluntarily) written by city experts who like to show what the city has to offer in various fields.
SUPPORTING INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES
Part of this city’s unique charm lies in the variety of independent businesses that call Utrecht home. At Explore Utrecht, we aim to give these businesses a platform to come together and show the public what they have to offer.
FUN FACTS ABOUT UTRECHT
- It’s the 4th largest city in the Netherlands
- It has the largest student population in the country (70,000). This is also one of the many reasons this city is so fun to visit!
- Dick Bruna, the creator of the famous cartoon character ‘Miffy’ is from Utrecht. You’ll find Miffy throughout the city.
- It’s central location makes it easy to access from cities across the country. Perfect for day or weekend trips!
- Utrecht has been boasted as ‘One of the World’s 10 Unsung Places’ by Lonely Planet, declared the ‘New Amsterdam’ by CNN, and BBC Travel titled it one of the ‘Five Happiest Places to Live’!